I featured Marilyn Monroe as Featured Woman of the month to commemorate her immense contribution in the movie industry. She just turned 84 on June 1, 2010. The generation X certainly do not know about Marilyn Monroe. So if you are one of them and you want to know her more, here are some quick facts and trivia.
Real Name: Norma Jeane Mortenson
Birthday: June 1, 1926
Birth Place: Los Angeles California
Died: August 5, 1962 during her sleep
No of films made: 30
No of marriage: 3
Marilyn Monroe is known:
- for her alluring beauty, voluptuous curves and generous pout.
- as the sex goddess dung the 1950s
- as the most famous woman in the 20th century
- according to her website, “Marilyn Monroe” is synonymous with beauty, sensuality and effervescence.
- her famous photo is the one I featured on the right sidebar of this blog
- The identity of her father is undetermined
- She grew up in an orphanage
- She got married on June 19, 1942 to Jimmy Dougherty when she was 21 years old.
- She was discovered by David Conover
- She divorced Jimmy in 1946
- Her first earning is $125 a week.
- The surname “Monroe” is her grandmother’s.
- Her first movie was “The Shocking Miss Pilgrim” in 1947.
- She got married again to Joe DiMaggi on January 14, 1954 but got divorced after 9 months.
- On June 29, 1956, she got married again to playwright Arthur Miller.
- On August 5, 1962, she died in her sleep at her Brentwood, California home, After three days, she was laid to rest Corridor of Memories, #24, at Westwood Memorial Park in Los Angeles, California.