Finding the Perfect Swimsuit
It’s summer once again and this is definitely the time to show off some skin. Here are some interesting tips that will help you in finding that perfect swimsuit which will not just look good on you but will go to the shape of your body.
1. Whether we like it or not, our body changes as we age. Thus, it will help if you try to put on those old swimsuits again to see if they still fit and look good on you before buying a new one. Inspect and look at your self in the mirror.
2. After making a decision, visit some specialty stores and try to seek for professional advice. Such stores offer helpful guides about choosing the right swimsuit. Even though you already made your pick, it won’t hurt if you ask for professional opinions.
3. For guide, here are the types of swimsuits that best suit every body. Source: www.wikihow.com
* Short torso: If your body is short in proportion to your legs, you will want a swimsuit that gives the impression of litheness. Try a bikini with a halter-top to emphasize the bust and shoulders. Pair this top with bikini bottoms that sit low on the hips.
* Long torso: To give the impression of long legs, try a one-piece swimsuit or bikini with high-cut legs. High-cut legs shorten the torso and lengthen the legs.
* Pear shape: A pear shape has often been the plague of women, but it no longer needs to be so. To flatter a pear shape, try pairing an eye-catching bikini or tankini top with subdued bottoms in a dark color. This type of swimsuit will draw attention toward your more appealing characteristics.
* Large bust: Thankfully for women of all bust sizes, swimsuit designers are now offering one-piece swimsuits and bikini tops with bra-style support. For a large bust, look for a straight across cut at the top of your swimsuit with wide set straps to minimize your bust. Also, be sure to try a bikini top with a hidden underwire for extra support.
* Small bust: To add curves and subtle cleavage to a small bust, look for a bikini top with triangle-shaped cups and a tie-front. These features will add shape and the appearance of size to your small bust.
* Plus size: In general, you will want to look for swimsuits in darker colors in a plus size, as these colors will have an overall minimizing effect. However, you do not have to rely solely upon black swimsuits. Deep reds and blues will have the same effect and are a bit more appropriate for summer fun. To accentuate curves, look for a fitted swimsuit with a defined waist and a high percentage of Lycra/spandex. A high-cut leg will also slim your legs and hips.
* Flabby Stomach: Choose a loose tankini instead of a bikini or 1-piece. Bikinis totally expose a jiggly belly, and trying to squeeze into a one-piece will not slim your stomach, only emphasize it.
As its name implies, buy only the “swimsuit” that “suits” you. Don’t go just for designs and your “want”. Lastly, be honest with yourself.
P.S. Did you know that flipflops are the best partner of swimsuits? More about flipflops.