It was Hon’s birthday yesterday, July 21. I can’t remember when was the last time we celebrated it together so I made sure that this time, it will be memorable. Aside from the gifts which I shared to my Instagram and Twitter, I also planned for a special dinner feast for both of us. Hon has never tried Eat-All-You-Can here in Manila so I guess this is something worth remembering.
Originally, I planned for Vikings in MOA (Mall of Asia) or Yakimix in Greenbelt but last minute, we have decided to pursue our reservations at Vikings, The Block – SM North Edsa. I’ve already tried Vikings in MOA last December 2012 with some of my workmates but wasn’t able to eat that much, maybe due to the many guests coming back and forth during that time. It was a holiday season.
Going back to yesterday’s celebration, Vikings has a promo where guests celebrating their birthday on that day is completely FREE, provided that there’s one accompanying full-paying adult. So we took advantage of that promo which will end on December 31, 2013, according to their Facebook Page. We literally saved Php 1,088.
Below’s photo is Viking’s special cake for birthday celebrants. It was cute and yummy. Hon felt somehow special with this cake and the lively birthday serenade that the Viking’s staff gave him. Thank you Vikings!
The interior of Vikings is like a hotel. From the furniture to the chandeliers and comfort rooms, you’ll feel like you’re dining in a classy hotel all through out your stay. We liked their fast and courteous service too. Our grilled and hot pot orders just arrived in time. The food is really really great and I can attest that their price is worth every penny, especially if you are a big eater.
Here are some photos I took using my Samsung Galaxy Grand.
And here are the food selection… Please note that these do not summarize all the food served in Vikings. It was not even a half. I’m know you’ll agree that it will be hard to document stuff when you are in front sumptuous food selection. =) Actually, I took the photos at the time I was really full (past 8PM) so you may see some serving plates half empty.
Too bad, I was not able to take a shot of the drinks station and their selection of seafood to grill. Anyways, their drinks are overflowing namely Dalandan Juice, Blueberry and Strawberry Lemonades (thumbs up), Wintermelon (another thumbs up), Mango Juice, Strawberry-Mango Juice, all Pepsi-products soda, oh we made our own Rootbeer float too, Milo Shake, Sago, Beer, Coffee and water.
We started at 5:30PM and went out at 9:30PM. We we’re not eating the whole time huh, we skipped in between burps. lol. These are some of our plates.
Here are some tips if you want to try Vikings.
1. Make a reservation ahead of time or queue on line 2 hours earlier for listing. I’d say two hours on line is quite tedious so if there are upcoming celebrations, make a reservation at least two weeks before.
2. Give something for the singing staff. It’s a tip, duh! for their lively and entertaining performance. What’s a hundred bucks compare to the cake and free dining that cost more than a thousand Pesos.
3. I personally like their Sirloin and Angus steak with red wine sauce, Hakaw, Sashimi, Yogurt, Puto Bumbong and Red velvet cake. For drinks, the Blueberry Lemonade and Wintermelon are my top recommended.
For dining at Eat All You Can tips, I can only share two.
1. you don’t need to be a big eater to say that it’s worth the price. You can choose to eat your favorite food that’s pricey when you ordered separately in a restaurant. Hon ate to death his most favorite Tuna Sashimi which costs Php300+ (roughly $6.94) per order (just 8 small slices) from Japanese restaurants.
2. don’t include rice in your picking. You can however, but just a little so you can eat/taste all other dishes.
More details about Hon’s birthday celebration at Vikings, SM North Edsa:
Date visited: July 21, 2013
Time: Dinner at 5:30PM
Price: Php 1,088+ per head ($26.40 = Php1,142) Here’s the receipt. http://instagram.com/p/cCNd4TyxNg/ for proof. =)
Location: 4th flr, The Block – SM North Edsa
Important note: The aim of this article is to share our experience with Vikings at SM North Edsa- The Block. The restaurant did not asked or paid me to do this article. However, this is more of returning the favor for making Hon’s birthday happier and truly memorable.