Discounts from Philippine Airlines
For frequent travelers like us, we always wanted to get great values on air fares. And while in search for a cheap flight for our next destination, I discovered this page from Philippine Airlines – by far, our favorite airline in the country. Anyways, here’s a list of type of passengers and the percentage of discount they could get when they fly with Philippines Airlines.
In compliance with Republic Act No. 9337, an act amending the National Internal Revenue Code, a 12% VAT is added to the total amount quoted on all transactions involving purely domestic services only.
PAL offers special discounts to the following types of passengers who are traveling within the Philippines and buying their tickets from a PAL sales office or Domestic Ticketing Program travel agents in the Philippines. The special discounts are not available through the Online Booking facility.
20% discount on fares for Filipino citizens who are at least 60 years old. VAT exemption applies to any fare type including promotional fares. The passenger must present any of the following valid ID’s when buying the ticket:
• Office of the Senior Citizens Affairs (OSCA) ID issued by their municipality
• Driver’s License
• Any photo ID authenticating age
Foreign nationals are not allowed to avail the Senior Citizen discount under Philippine Law.
Passengers under the age of two and at least 16 days old. Infant not occupying a seat gets 90% discount based on the accompanying adult’s fare. Birth certificate is required when buying the ticket.
Persons with Disabilities (PWD)
20% discount on fares. In availing of the discount privileges mandated under R.A. No. 9442 and its IRR, PWDs, who are Filipino citizens, may prove his/her entitlement upon submission of any of the following:
• An identification card issued by the City or Municipal Mayor or the Barangay Captains of the place where the persons with disability resides;
• Transportation discount card is an identification Card (ID) issued by the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP).
• Persons with Disability are those individuals defined under Section 4 of R.A7277, as person suffering from restriction or different abilities, as a result of a mental, physical or sensory impairment, to perform an activity in a manner or within the range considered normal for human being.
20% discount on fares for currently enrolled students in the Philippines. Must present valid Student ID or registration form. Not applicable for Budget Economy fares.
20% discount on fares for active Military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), Navy, Marines, Air Force and Philippine National Police (PNP). Valid for all travel upon presentation of identification. Not applicable for Budget Economy.
Note: There may be changes on the above list after this article has been written. I also recommend that you to Philippine Airlines website to double check.
For discounted hotels, you could also try searching the Internet’s most trusted hotel portal – Agoda. See how much I saved from using this tool with our hotel bookings.